Today we review the two new Universal Audio interfaces of its Apollo Solo line and we present the new version of its LUNA software
Founded in 1958 by Bill Putnam Sr., considered the father of modern recording, Universal Audio has been synonymous with innovation in the recording industry since its inception. Putman, the preferred engineer of stars like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole or Ray Charles, was a passionate innovator, inventor of the modern recording console, multiband audio equalizer and vocal booth, and was the first engineer to use artificial reverb in commercial recording.
The equipment created by Putman, still used decades after its manufacture, is part of the history of sound and popular music, standing out from the recordings of Sinatra to the Beach Boys, through the debut of artists such as Van Halen.
In 1999 the sons of Bill, James and Bill Putman Jr. re-founded Universal Audio with the goal of faithfully reproducing classic analog recording equipment in their father’s tradition; and designing new digital recording tools with the sound and spirit of classic analog technology.
And nothing better embodies the fusion of this well-known brand’s analog heritage with its innovative digital designs than the award-winning Apollo audio interface. Introduced in 2012, the Apollo interface has achieved the status of the new standard in music production and has been used in the recording of iconic albums by artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Dr. Dre, Brad Paisley and many more.
In today’s article we present two of the latest developments in this outstanding interface.
Desktop Audio Recording Interface for Windows Apollo Solo USB is the only desktop interface for Windows users that truly delivers professional results; Thanks to class-leading audio conversion, two Unison mic preamps, and a suite of built-in UAD plug-ins for recording album-quality results, in real time.
It’s a compact 2×4 interface that features popular Apollo A / D and D / A conversion to outperform anything in its class. Plus, with its Unison technology and built-in UAD-2 processing, you can record through classic studio tools, including UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors, and more, with almost zero latency. .
Its built-in headphone output is louder and more powerful, with less noise and a flatter frequency response compared to any interface in its class. This means you can track and mix with confidence using headphones, knowing that you are hearing every sonic detail.
Universal Audio Apollo Solo TB3 is the world’s best audio interface for desktop recording with Thunderbolt 3 for Mac and Windows because, like the Apollo Solo USB, it offers class-leading audio conversion, two Uniso microphone preamps and a set of built-in UAD plugins for recording album-quality results, in real-life conditions.
Among its characteristics we can highlight:
– Record with class-leading A / D and D / A conversion, just like you hear on hundreds of hit records.
– Tracks with almost zero latency through the mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve, API, Fender, and more using Unison technology.
– You’ll be able to mix with included UAD plug-ins like Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more.
– Includes the LUNA recording system, an inspiring and fully integrated music production application (Mac only).
– Create on the fly with a high quality acoustic bus-powered interface with rugged all-metal construction.
– You’ll enjoy clear, detailed monitoring with the best-sounding headphone amp in its class.
LUNA Recording System
Just a couple of weeks ago, Universa Audio released the new version of its LUNA recording software, the program that transforms Apollo interfaces into the most inspiring and fully integrated Mac-based recording systems on the planet.
Thanks to the support of the entire LUNA community, the new version of this software incorporates more new functions and corrections requested by users. But among all these new features of this new LUNA v1.1 we can highlight:
– Session Versions: You can easily repeat, experiment and version while permanently saving in all stages of composition and production.
– Track Groups: You will have the option to mix and edit much faster through the intuitive group tracks of drums, vocals, guitars and more.
– MIDI enhancements: With the new MIDI output, you can easily connect to grooveboxes and external workstations, as well as drag and drop MIDI from VI, and more.
You will find this new update of LUNA v1.1 for download on the Universal Audio website. But remember that in the Microfusa stores in Madrid and Barcelona as well as in our online store you will find the new Apollo Solo interfaces as well as all Universal Audio products.
Sepúlveda, 134. Barcelona / Tel.: 934 553 695
Campoamor, 17. Madrid / Tel.: 917 024 587